Proof of Words may process your data if you download a Demo Font or purchase a product from the www.proof-of-words.com website for the main purpose of the execution of the License and to complete the invoice.
Proof of Words is processing your names, company names, VAT numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, website addresses, social media handles, project titles and descriptions. Proof of Words is not collecting any banking information as the payment operation is performed by Stripe.
These data are collected and stored for the purpose of:
- verifying that the use of the Licence does not exceed its scope
- auditing and controlling the use of the Fonts
- billing and accounting
- sending information on new Fonts, updates, services, products proposed by Proof of Words
Proof of Words guarantees that it will take all reasonable measures to protect your data in order to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and security of the data collected in the context of a sale or download of Demo Fonts. Proof of Words makes every effort to prevent access to this data by unauthorised third parties. Despite all these precautions, the complete integrity of the data cannot be guaranteed and shall not be enforceable against Proof of Words.
The data controller is Proof of Words, composed by Léo Guibert and Fanny Hamelin, both freelancers under the French Artiste-Auteur status.
Proof of Words undertakes never to disclose your processed data publicly or with third parties unless you authorise it explicitly. Proof of Words may have to share these data in some exceptional circumstances as listed below:
- if Proof of Words considers that the disclosure is necessary to enforce compliance with the License you agreed to respect by buying or downloading the Fonts
- if Proof of Words is required by law, in the context of legal proceedings, litigation or a request from public authorities, to share the data
- if Proof of Words judges that, for national security or the public interest, the data disclosed is necessary and valuable
- if Proof of Words is restructured, merged or transferred, it may handle the collected Licensee data to the third-party concerned
You have the right to access and rectify your data. You can demand that the use of your data be restricted or even oppose it, but this will, in some cases, lead to the legal impossibility of using the License. You may request that your data not be used for commercial prospecting by Proof of Words. You may at any time assert your rights by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address specified above.
The data collected by Proof of Words in the case of a License purchase may be kept for an unlimited period of time due to the nature of the License system. This makes it possible to link the License to its Licensee to help Proof of Words control potential illegal uses. Other data collected, not related to the purchase of a Licence, is kept for a period of three (3) years.